Archive

Sunday, September 12, 2010

From Micro to Nano


I was driving around town one evening and then packed outside a fast-food and switched from channel to channel till I came across my favorite radio program "Science Fantastic". My burger was so yummy I couldn't help myself; coke added to the sweetness of the moment. After eating a huge burger, I reached for my fries reluctantly, not sure what to do with them. A few fries found the way down my esophagus as leaned back and ate my fries.
There was a program on the radio, but my conscious mind had completely switched off. As I put down my drink, I caught something that got my attention, the word "nanotechnology". I began to listen carefully and wawww myself with the main theme the program.
In the past, "microchip" was the biggest buzzword in the world of computer technology. The reduction of computer from a huge building like computer to a small box and with tiny chips was indeed a jaw-dropping experience. However, with the advancement of technology, chips will now completely invisible to the naked eye. This technology is sooo powerful that researchers think it will be a life saver. This is the so-called "Nanotechnology".
Researchers explained that if this tiny invisible chip is programmed to identify bad abnormal cells in the body and treat them on contact, it maybe the cure for all forms of cancer. It would mean that this nanochip would be inserted to human's blood stream to track down cancerous cells and kill them before they cause harm to human beings.
It may sound extremely scary, but this is what computer scientists are working toward for the near future's scientific adventure. It will take some times, even years to put this into real actions.
This technology is still in its infant state and may take a while to implement but its not impossible.

To get an idea of how Nanotechnology works, consider this.
a. Kilo ..... 1,000
b. Micro .........1,000,000
C. Nano ..........1,000,000,000

No comments: