Archive

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Forgot I am in America!!!


Before coming to America I taught myself about the differences between the outside world, by that I mean countries that don't use the American system, and America that includes US territories. These are some of the things that I needed to know before coming to school in America.







America--Left Hand Drive
Outside--Right Hand Drive

America--Miles
Outside---kilometers

America--lbs
Outside--kgs

America--Fahrenheit
Outside --Celsius

America--uses 110v
Outside--uses 240 v

America--yards
Outside--meters

Shoe sizes
America--- 10
Outside----9

I am now used to almost everything that is different in America, except for one thing; shoe sizes. I forgot that US 9 (my size) is UK size 8 and I'd been buying that size ever since moving to United States. I found out the hard way.Not until I purchase a pair of shoes that didn't fit my big-wide Polynesian feet.
My newest pair of shoe kind of reminded me that I am in America and I must wear size 10, UK size 9, and for Summer shoes I wear 10.5 which is UK 9.5. I had to return to the shoe place and explained to them that I made a mistake buying 9.5 US size shoes because its 8.5 UK which cut off the blood circulation to my toes! hahaa. After listening to me, he smiled and gave me a new pair. It seems like someone had been through the same prob as me. I hope that after this pair of shoes I will buy the right pair.

No comments: